SpankChain’s Community Code of Conduct
TL;DR: Be an Adult.
SpankChain is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
This code of conduct applies to all of SpankChain’s spaces, including the SpankChain platform, Discord, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, and all other spaces associated with the SpankChain project, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the SpankChain team.
Some of SpankChain project's spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Not questioning someone’s gender identity
- Using preferred pronouns, use gender neutral they or Ze (or zie) and hir/zir (Ze laughed, I called hir, Hir eyes gleam, That is zirs, Ze likes hirself) - pronounced [zee] and [here/zeer] until explicitly learning their preferred pronouns/gender from them or their official sources.
- Not making jokes or comments about their ethnic background or religious beliefs
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Jokes on these topics not allowed:
- Sexual orientation
- Outward appearance
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
- Nurturing a supportive environment.
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Impersonating a SpankChain team member
- Organizing and participating in "pump and dump" campaigns for SPANK or other assets
- Sharing links to illegal websites, such as phishing, malware, online gambling, or nonconsensual imagery
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person's lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment
- Deliberate misgendering or use of 'dead' or rejected names
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like "hug" or "backrub") without consent or after a request to stop
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Deliberate "outing" of any aspect of a person's identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse
- Publication of non-harassing private communication
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
The SpankChain team prioritizes marginalized people's safety over privileged people's comfort. The SpankChain team reserves the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- 'Reverse' -isms, including 'reverse racism,' 'reverse sexism,' and 'cisphobia'
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as "leave me alone," "go away," or "I'm not discussing this with you"
- Communicating in a 'tone' you don't find congenial
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
The SpankChain team is responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
SpankChain team has the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any community member or contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
If you are being harassed by a member of the SpankChain community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact SpankChain team members @Chase or @Allie Eve Knox on Discord. If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as possible.
This code of conduct applies to SpankChain community spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of SpankChain community or team member outside of our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by SpankChain community or team members seriously. This includes harassment outside of our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The team reserves the right to exclude people from the SpankChain community at their discretion, based on their past behavior, including behavior outside SpankChain spaces and behavior towards people who are not in the SpankChain community.
In order to protect the SpankChain team from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we've received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of SpankChain community members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
This Code of Conduct applies both within the SpankChain project spaces and in public spaces when an individual is representing the project or its community. Examples of representing the project or community include presenting themselves as SpankChain community members, promoting the SpankChain project as well as using an official project e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event. Representation of the project may be further defined and clarified by the SpankChain team.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the SpankChain projects team on Discord. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. The SpankChain team is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
SpankChain community members who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by the SpankChain team.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the SpankChain response team may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all SpankChain project spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other SpankChain community members or the general public.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 1.4, available at http://contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4, the example policy from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Geek Feminism community, and Aragon's Code of Conduct.